Working more hours at the office, short weekends, spend too little time with family, kids and friends…. All of these are signs of busy season for many accountants. To be able to complete tasks a person needs training as well as one must be in peak physical form. Here we discuss some suggestions on exactly how to exceed during the rigors of busy season.
1. Make to do list: “to-do list” is a prioritized list of all tasks that you need to carry out. In this list you mention everything that you need to do, with the most vital tasks at the top of the list, and the least important tasks at the bottom. By keeping such a list, write down all of your tasks in one place, so you don’t forget anything important.
2. Keep work and personal time separate: Arrange your business and personal time separate. Because, it doesn’t make you a more effective employee or person. You need the ability to unroll, and carrying work home properly. If you’re a home-based worker, keep your work space separate from your personal space so you can stress-free enjoy with your family.
3. Periodic and consequent exercise: Exercise plays very important role in daily busy routine life. It’s not only important for your body, even also important for your brain. Exercising for 20 minutes a day improves information processing as well as memory functions. This implies you additionally get a brain boost by hitting the gym or going for a jog.
Now-a-days, numerous firms organize fitness classes or sports events inside or outside the office to keep their employees in shape and also help to make some change, fun and reduce stress.
4. Eat and Sleep: When you are working a shift schedule, eating and exercise habits can endure. People who work shifts sometime skip meals, eat irregularly, eat unhealthy food, and may hard to keep up a regular exercise schedule. One must have to take care about their diet and sleep for work well.
5. Audit your schedule in advance: Don’t forget to check schedule for your next day before leaving for the day. At the weekend, look at all of your scheduled appointments for the following week. This will give you time to subconsciously prepare and ensure that you don’t disregard imperative things.
6. Stick your meeting programme: Always set a time frame for your meetings. Because clear agenda will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of any meeting, yet it is the most overlooked part.
7. Schedule time to complete task: When you put off a difficult task due to the complexity, you’re wasting time and worrying by dawdling. Also, a cluttered mind obstructs thinking. When you begin, you’ll likely wind up on a roll and work beyond the time to get it done. So schedule your time to complete your task.
8. Take advantage of commute time: Each day one can receive many e-mails. Most of these are pointless, some of all need to be read, a handful require a careful read, and a couple need prompt consideration. During the course of the day, scan your email to find the ones that need immediate attention. The rest of the e-mails are left for some other free time. During commute home on the train, bang through all remaining emails.